Call to Schedule an Appointment
The following is check list of “Things you should know” before scheduling a Lead Paint Inspection
- You or your designated person must take or have taken the 3 Hour Landlord Seminar
- Repair any chipping or peeling paint on the interior and exterior of your property*
- Make sure all old wooden double hung windows have been replaced.
- Check all doors and draws for friction.
- Clean the apartment(s) and wipe down all horizontal surfaces.
* Weather Variance
From November 1 through May 31, a weather variance may be issued on properties requiring exterior work. This can include siding, trim, windows (including basement windows), and the foundation. Other common sites are steps, porches, columns, and out-buildings. The property will be issued an "Interior Only Certificate of Conformance" and all exterior work must be completed by June 1. See RULE 6J: Variance from Regulations.
Lead Paint Inspections Ensure a Healthy Home
Lead Inspections RI helps homeowners, tenants, and landlords feel confident that they're well informed and their properties are lead safe. Transparency affords peace of mind for everyone. We help you secure the required lead certifications and determine how to best manage your lead paint problem through our consultations, inspections and classes.